Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

I suck at coming up with catchy titles. Deal with it. I've just got a quick thing to share. Andy is the greatest man in the whole wide world and I love him to pieces.

Monday I sprained my wrist somehow and it's been a little difficult getting things done around here. Not to mention the children were evil all day long and I couldn't get squat done. I was near suicidal by the time Andy got home from work. He told me not to worry about a thing and he was going to take care of it. And let me tell you... HE DID! He cleaned the kitchen, including sweeping and moping the floor, did laundry, handled the kids, fed them dinner and everything.

I felt guilty b/c after dinner the Andi K, the 4 y/o, looks up at me and says, "I like your cooking." Let me break that down for you in 4 y/o lingo: that meant she wasn't happy with being fed leftovers and wished I would have cooked something. But I promised a good dinner the next night and she was happy with that.

Then Tuesday, he's at work and tells me he is going to come home and give everyone pedicures. Say what! I have a serious foot phobia, but we got this new foot bath thingy (free on craigslist in our dumpster diving episode... read about it here). Nonetheless, I told him I'd let him touch my feet. I actually kinda doubted that he'd follow through once he got home, especially since he took care of everything the night before so I could climb down the hysterical wall of suicidality I created.

This man is so beautiful! We go to Walgreens and he tells me to pick some smelly salts for the foot tub. My eyes go straight for a complete pedicure set, which is twice as much as the salts alone, and I bat my eyes and ask, "Can I get this one? It's the whole set!" His reply, "Whatever you want." Who wouldn't love that!?!?!?! Whatever I want! Yuppers, he's a keeper. As we head up to the register he stops by the nail polish. Cute huh? He picks out a really nice pink that all the girls' toesies will adorn. When is the last time YOUR man picked out nail polish for you?

I can't wait to be Mrs. Andy!

8 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

um I LOVE walgreens. love it. I'm kinda obsessed. but good for you with the man spending the dollars on ya.

Bon Don said...

"Whatever you want." are magic to ears aren't they!? Yay for future Mrs. Andy you scored a keeper!

Jen said...

wow what a great man he is! lucky girl!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Dang, my jaw dropped open at the whole pedicure set, but it hit the floor with the finger nail polish! You lucky girl!

Susan said...

He won we over at pedicures!!! Wow. Andy = Amazing!!!! Happy 4th and I hope that wrist is feeling better...

Or maybe not??

~~Mel~~ said...

Can I ship my boyfriend to your house so he can acquire some 'tips' from your man??? pretty please?? lol.

ThatsBaloney said...

OMG! My husband doesn't believe in going to a store, much less picking out nail polish. Not even when we were dating!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I had a problem with people around/touching my feet until I met Brian. He has a serious foot fetish..

S E R I O U S, haha.

Kind of creepy, but AMAZING after a long day on them. He can love up on them all he wants after that.