Tuesday, August 23, 2016

So it's been a couple days since my last post... days, years, whatevs.  Let's not dwell on my absence and carry on, shall we?

In the last "couple of days" not much has changed.  We all got older.  The oldest spawnling is now 22 and the youngest is FINALLY in double digits!  I feel like I should have thrown a party for Andy and myself... like a "We Made It" kind of gig.  Seriously.  Parenting isn't for the weak of heart; and the little vultures blessings just keep draining us of every penny and morsel of accomplishment filling our hearts with delight.

Andy still works where he works.  I still work where I work.  We've probably got more grey hair, and more fat cells, but other than that... we are us.  Unapologetically us.  Blissfully happy us.  Except when I want to choke him or push him down, supremely in love... us.

So there's that.

And now I want to introduce you to the newest member of our family.  He's the one in the middle, not the old fart in the back.  That's Andy.  More grey huh?  Yeah, he blames that on me and the kids.  Pffft, excuses excuses.  That gorgeous American Bully in the middle is Dupree.  And no, not You, Me and Dupree kind of Dupree.  More like Marcus Dupree... the best that never was.  Please don't confuse the two.  Andy will be extremely offended.


He's my favorite.  I heart him.  Like a lot.  A super lot.  More than my children some days.  Kinda.

Anyhoodle, I bid thee farewell... for now.  I'm going to stalk some blogs and see who is yapping about what out there.




No comments: