Friday, February 27, 2009

The Desk Project, Part II


I didn't get to take a pic of the desk before he started, shame on me! Here it is after one coat of stain and one glossy coat. We decided it was dark enough with one stain coat. He said he's got to sand the gloss and then put another glossy coat on it. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it was taken with a cell phone lol.
Anyway, from the way it looked prior to him starting anything, this is a MAJOR transformation to this desk. It looked really rough and old and yucky. I can't wait until it's finished so the girls can see how purty it is and know that daddy fixed it for them!

So far this game is wonderful. I come up with ideas, make out some initial plans and then he runs with it doing all the manual labor. See... a creative mind with a lazy body (that would be me) and a great man (that would be Andy) do wonderful things together!

No comments: