Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Pepsi Bottle

I crack up still just thinking about this! I absolutely LOVE living with this man!

Yesterday, I'm at home with the two babies I keep during the day, and I go to the fridge to get my trusty Pepsi pick-me-up. Well, I can't get the 2 liter bottle open. Andy was apparently the last one in the bottle the previous night and he screwed the lid on so tight I couldn't open it. I couldn't budge it with my bare hand or with a rag. I know you're not supposed to use your teeth, but I even tried that. I was almost in a complete Pepsi-withdrawl panic when I grabbed a knife and jabbed the bottle near the top. Whew! I tipped the bottle over and squeezed it and there came a steady flow of my life saving carbonated beverage right into my cup. All was good again!

Ok so fast forward to that evening. I mentioned to Andy in passing that I had to "poke a hole" in the Pepsi bottle because of HIM! He shrugged it off and went back to staining the desk.

About 3 hours later, I'm moving my homework from the livingroom to our bedroom and getting ready to jump in the bed. Andy comes stomping down the hall yapping about Pepsi. I didn't really listen until I saw his shirt! I was cracking up. Apparently, he either didn't believe that I poked a hole in the bottle or he forgot... needless to say, the front of his t-shirt was soaked!

Red-faced and pointing a finger at me, he doesn't say a word... but I'm backing up until I'm in our bathroom between the toilet and the wall with a towel over my mouth to hide my laughter. I'm sure the tears in my eyes gave it away!

He says, "You didn't tell me you stabbed a GIANT hole in the bottle!"

Moral of the story: Don't drink Pepsi straight from the 2 liter bottle.

No comments: